Why Voting in Your Local Election Matters
Local elections don’t get the publicity of national and statewide races, yet the decisions made by local officials directly impact your day-to-day quality of life and your wallet. Your vote really counts in smaller races where candidates can win or lose by a few votes. Be an informed voter and be sure to vote.
Need help to sort it all out or uncomfortable with the internet? AAUW members are ready to assist. Feel free to contact us: email@example.com.
Know Who Is Running and What They Stand For
Select candidates who will represent your priorities. There may be a variety of races in your community such as townships, library districts, school districts, community colleges, park districts, fire protection districts. Be sure to look into all of them.
AAUW Naperville Area Candidate Questionnaires
We asked candidates about paid leave, freedom to read, equity issues, diversity & inclusion, and other AAUW public policy priorities. Read their responses:
- Naperville Mayoral Candidates
- Naperville City Council Candidates
- Naperville Park District Board of Commissioners Candidates
- Lisle Library Board of Trustees Candidates
- Indian Prairie School District 204 Board of Education Candidates
- Naperville School District 203 Board of Education Candidates
- Plainfield School District 202 Board of Education Candidates
- College of DuPage Board of Trustees Candidates
More Sources for Candidate Info
- VOTE411.org – The League of Women Voters provides this resource to help you learn about candidates. Enter your address for races and candidates customized for your location.
- Check candidates’ websites for their positions, values, experience.
- Naperville Community TV Channel 17 has info on election candidates.
Watch a Candidate Forum or View a Recording
- Positively Naperville calendar of Naperville candidate forums, fundraisers and other campaign events
- League of Women Voters of Naperville candidate forums & events (all virtual; registration required for link):
Feb. 20, 2023, 7 p.m. – Naperville City Council Candidate Forum
Feb. 23, 2023, 7 p.m. – Naperville Mayoral Election Candidate Forum
Mar. 6, 2023, 7 p.m. – Naperville Park District Board Candidate Forum
Mar. 7, 2023, 6:30 p.m. – Indian Prairie School District 204 Board Candidate Q&A
Mar. 7, 2023, 8 p.m. – Naperville Community Unit School District 203 Board Candidate Forum
Where and How to Vote
Contact your County Clerk’s office to: Request a vote by mail ballot — check early voting locations and day of election poll sites — access information and applications.
- DuPage County Election Division – English (630) 407-5600 / Español (630) 407-5608 / TDD (630) 407-5631
- Will County Clerk – (815) 740-4615
- Kane County Clerk – English (630) 232-5990 / Español (630) 232-5991
- City of Naperville – Voting and voter registration info
2023 Consolidated Election Important Dates
Dates may vary by county. Please check your county clerk’s website for accurate information.
- January – February – Applications for mail-in ballots available
- Late February to early March — First set of mail-in ballots sent to voters
- February 23 – April 3 — DuPage County in-person early voting
- April 4 — Election Day – Last chance to vote! In-person voting or drop off mail-in ballot at polling location