AAUW Naperville Area champions equity for women and girls at local, state and national levels. Our mission is bold – to advance gender equity through research, education and advocacy.
AAUW Naperville Area is pleased to recognize these remarkable women
AAUW Naperville Area is honored to recognize Kimberly White as our 2022 Woman of the Year for her exceptional leadership in community service and in advancing equity. Kim is the executive director of the Career & Networking Center — a non-profit organization that provides job search support to individuals in career transition.More
Karen Kallmann of Oswego, Illinois, is the AAUW Naperville Area 2022 Angeline Gale Scholarship recipient. Ms. Kallmann will receive her bachelor’s degree in social work from Aurora University in 2023.More
Lovely Brack of Romeoville, Illinois, is the recipient of AAUW Naperville Area’s L&S Inspirational Leadership Scholarship. EMT-B trained and an American Heart Association BLS Instructor, Lovely is enrolled in Rasmussen University’s Nursing Program.More
Maelyn (Mae) Gangi, a senior at Naperville Central High School, has been selected to receive the 2022 Cariya Reed Legacy Scholarship. Mae intends to pursue a degree in psychology at Vanderbilt University.More
Who We Are and What We Do
AAUW Naperville Area is an all-volunteer 501(c)(4) nonprofit social welfare affiliate branch of the American Association of University Women. AAUW, a national nonprofit nonpartisan organization, has been a catalyst for positive change since 1881. New members are always welcome.
Guided by AAUW’s strategic plan, we focus on policy priorities important to achieving equity for women and girls. We:
- Act to advance AAUW public policy issues
- Provide opportunities for members to connect and engage with other involved people
- Offer informative and thought-provoking community programs
- Support women’s economic security through scholarships to attain higher education and Work Smart online salary and promotion negotiation training
- Encourage women to prepare for and assume leadership roles
- Promote STEM careers for women.