For the 2019–20 academic year, AAUW is awarding $4 million in fellowships and grants to 259 women and community projects. This funding has a tremendous impact on women and their communities by expanding women’s potential and supporting their future promise.
AAUW empowers women and girls:
- Provide fellowships and scholarships
- Sponsor National Leadership Conference attendees
- Offer Work Smart online course on negotiating skills
- Provide monthly informative programs open to the public
- Inform public of issues impacting women and girls
- Sponsor Tech Savvy event for girls to explore STEM careers
- Support plaintiffs in discrimination cases
- Conduct research on equity, leadership gender gap and other issues affecting women
AAUW Naperville Area Branch
We were chartered as AAUW Naperville on April 20, 1956. The 28 members met at North Central College’s Union to discuss issues such as education, social studies, creative arts and the status of women. The branch became AAUW Naperville Area in 2008.