Our two book groups for AAUW members meet monthly from September through May to discuss books on a variety of topics. Through May 2021 we plan to meet virtually, so it’s easy and safe for you to join discussions from wherever you are.
Afternoon Book Browsers
Our afternoon book discussion group usually meets on the last Thursday of the month, September through May at 12:30 p.m. All AAUW members are welcome. Discussions through May 2021 will meet online. Please contact Jan Summers to join the group and receive links to the meetings.
2020-2021 Afternoon Book List
- September 24, 2020 – Pelosi by Molly Ball
- October 29, 2020 – The Woman Who Smashed Codes: A True Story of Love, Spies, and the Unlikely Heroine who Outwitted America’s Enemies by Jason Fagone
- December 3, 2020 – Chronicles of a Radical Hag (With Recipes) by Lorna Landvik
- January 28, 2021 – The Overstory by Richard Powers
- February 25, 2021 – Sweet Dates in Basra by Jessica Jiji
- March 25, 2021 – The Woman in the Window: A Novel by A.J. Finn
- April 29, 2021 – Inés of My Soul by Isabel Allende
- May 27, 2021 – Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
Evening Book Browsers
Our evening book discussion group usually meets on the 3rd Thursday of the month September through May at 7 p.m. Any AAUW members are welcome. Discussions through May 2021 will meet online. Please contact Todra Oken to join the group and receive links to the meetings.
2020-2021 Evening Book List
- September 17, 2020 – The Printed Letter Bookshop by Katherine Reay
- October 15, 2020 – The Dutch House by Ann Patchett
- November 19, 2020 – The Gown by Jennifer Robson
- December 17, 2020 – Love Over Scotland by Alexander McCall Smith
- January 21, 2021 – We Are All Welcome Here by Elizabeth Berg
- February 18, 2021 – American Dirt by Jeanine Cummins
- March 18, 2021 – The Soul of America: The Battle for Our Better Angels by Jon Meacham
- April 15, 2021 – 1984 by George Orwell
- May 20, 2021 – The Alice Network by Kate Quinn