Our two book groups for AAUW members meet monthly from September through May to discuss books on a variety of topics. We meet virtually, so it’s easy for you to join discussions from wherever you are.
Afternoon Book Browsers
Our afternoon book discussion group usually meets on the last Thursday of the month at 12:30 p.m., from September through May. All AAUW members are welcome. We are meeting by Zoom until further notice. Please contact Jan Summers to receive meeting notices and links.
- Sept. 30, 2021 – The Other Einstein by Marie Benedict
- Oct. 28, 2021 – The Guest List by Lucy Foley
- Dec. 2, 2021 – The Midnight Library by Matt Haig
- Jan. 27, 2022 – A Woman of No Importance by Sonia Purnell
- Feb. 24, 2022 – This Tender Land by William Kent Krueger
- Mar. 31, 2022 – Born on Third Base by Chuck Collins
- Apr. 28, 2022 – Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
- May 26, 2022 – The Sum of Us: What Racism Costs Everyone by Heather McGhee
Evening Book Browsers
Our evening book discussion group usually meets virtually on the 3rd Thursday of the month, at 7 p.m., from September through May. All AAUW members are welcome. Please contact Todra Oken to receive Zoom links to the meetings.
- Sept. 16, 2021 – Caste by Isabel Wilkerson
- Oct. 21, 2021 – Ida B. The Queen by Michelle Duster
- Nov. 18, 2021 – The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson
- Dec. 16, 2021 – An Invisible Thread by Laura Schroff and Alex Tresniowski
- Jan. 20, 2022 – Into the Beautiful North by Luis Alberto Urrea
- Feb. 17, 2022 – The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett
- Mar. 24, 2022 – The Nine Lives of Charlotte Taylor by Sally Armstrong
- Apr. 21, 2022 – A Thousand Miles to Freedom: My Escape from North Korea by Eunsun Kim
- May 19, 2022 – The Henna Artist by Alka Joshi