Our two book groups for AAUW members meet monthly from September through May to discuss books on a variety of topics. We meet virtually, so it’s easy for you to join discussions from wherever you are.
Afternoon Book Browsers 2022-2023
Our afternoon book discussion group usually meets at 12:30 p.m. on the last Thursday of the month from August through May. We are meeting by Zoom until further notice. Contact Jan Summers to receive discussion invitations and links.
- Aug. 25, 2022 – The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead
- Sept. 29, 2022 – The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
- Oct. 27, 2022 – Persuasion by Jane Austen
- Dec. 1, 2022 – Lady Clementine by Marie Benedict
- Jan. 26, 2023 – The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
- Feb. 23, 2023 – The Last Thing He Told Me by Laura Dave
- Mar. 30, 2023 – The Paris Apartment by Lucy Foley
- Apr. 27, 2023 – Women Rowing North: Navigating Life’s Currents and Flourishing as We Age by Mary Pipher
- May 25, 2023 – The Woman They Could Not Silence by Kate Moore
Evening Book Browsers 2022-2023
Our evening book discussion group meets virtually usually at 7 p.m. on the 3rd Thursday of the month from September through May. Contact Todra Oken to receive Zoom invitations.
- Sept. 15, 2022 – The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas
- Oct. 20, 2022 – The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
- Nov. 17, 2022 – The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah
- Dec. 15, 2022 – How the Penguins Saved Veronica by Hazel Prior
- Jan. 19, 2023 – The Lincoln Highway by Amor Towles
- Feb. 16, 2023 – Three Girls from Bronzeville by Dawn Turner Trice
- Mar. 16, 2023 – Dear Edward by Ann Napolitano
- Apr. 20, 2023 – The End of Men by Christina Sweeney-Baird
- May 18, 2023 – The Personal Librarian by Marie Benedict