Our two book groups for AAUW members meet monthly from September through May to discuss books on a variety of topics. We meet virtually, so it’s easy for you to join discussions from wherever you are.
Afternoon Book Browsers
Our afternoon book discussion group usually meets on the last Thursday of the month, September through May at 12:30 p.m. All AAUW members are welcome. This year we are considering beginning to meet in-person at members’ homes. But as Zoom was so handy to those of us traveling, we will try to have a Zoom component for all discussions. Please contact Jan Summers to receive meeting notices and links.
We are still finalizing our schedule. The first book discussion will be on September 30, 2021: The Other Einstein by Marie Benedict. Other books chosen are:
- A Woman of No Importance by Sonia Purnell
- Born on Third Base by Chuck Collins
- This Tender Land by William Kent Krueger
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig
- The Sum of Us: What Racism Costs Everyone by Heather McGhee
- The Guest List by Lucy Foley
- Our Classic: Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
Evening Book Browsers
Our evening book discussion group usually meets virtually on the 3rd Thursday of the month, September through May, at 7 p.m. All AAUW members are welcome. Please contact Todra Oken to receive links to the meetings.
- September 16, 2021 – Caste by Isabel Wilkerson
- October 21, 2021 – Ida B. The Queen by Michelle Duster
- November 18, 2021 – The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson
- December 16, 2021 – An Invisible Thread by by Laura Schroff and Alex Tresniowski
- January 20, 2022 – Into the Beautiful North by by Luis Alberto Urrea
- February 17, 2022 – The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett
- March 24, 2022 – The Nine Lives of Charlotte Taylor by Sally Armstrong
- April 21, 2022 – A Thousand Miles to Freedom: My Escape from North Korea by Eunsun Kim
- May 19, 2022 – The Henna Artist by Alka Joshi